Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative Position
Territory Available: Looking for sales representatives in select U.S. territories. Please identify the states in your region in your cover letter.
Product Line Description: Fly fishing reels, apparel and accessories
The Company: You know that feeling when you drop your fly a couple feet ahead of a tailing fish—heart beating, hands shaking you strip, strip … and WHAM the water erupts and the fly is devoured. In the same second the line goes taught and the fish takes off. You’re on.
That’s what Cheeky Fly Fishing is all about.
We are fly fishing addicts. Our waders are always wet and our rods and reels spend more time rinsing in the shower than we do. Inspired by that heart-pounding moment when a fish explodes on the fly and all hell breaks loose, we are thrill seeking, adrenaline driven, obsessive fly fishermen. In 2009 we set out to deliver products aligned with our inspiration.
Cheeky Fly Fishing’s products are designed specifically for progressive fly fishermen. Since 2009, we’ve been passionate about two things – satisfying our obsession for fly fishing and developing products for fly fishermen who push the limits of the sport.
Cheeky Fly Fishing’s independent sales representatives are responsible for selling Cheeky Fly Fishing products through fly fishing retailers in assigned territories. Independent sales representatives are responsible for ensuring business development and growth in their territory. Independent sales representatives manage all aspects of accounts within their territory by 1) developing and implementing sales strategies 2) working closely with retailers to establish relationships and sales goals 3) collaborating with Cheeky Fly Fishing to support dealer sales within their region and 4) coordinating with Cheeky Fly Fishing to convey sales progress, trends and product feedback.
Cheeky Fly Fishing prides itself on customer service, and the sales team is no exception. Independent sales representatives must maintain an exceptional level of customer service for each account, which will include regular check-ins with buyers, store managers and/or owners.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Account development and management
- Development and implementation of sales plans
- Account customer service and communications
- Industry event attendance and participation
- Special product showings
- Sales reports and financial planning
- Coordination with Cheeky Fly Fishing
- Reporting sales progress and leads
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of fly fishing sales representative experience
- Extensive experience in fly fishing industry
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to travel to take meetings face-to-face anywhere within assigned territory
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who shares Cheeky Fly Fishing’s vision for the sport and who is as passionate about Cheeky Products as we are
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is interested in becoming a core component of a rapidly growing company
- A person with exceptional communication skills. We are looking for someone who is responsible, responsive and understands how to provide excellent customer service
- Someone who is motivated and hungry to develop new accounts for Cheeky Fly Fishing
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 1) a cover letter explaining your interest in representing Cheeky Fly Fishing and its products that includes the states in your region 2) your resume or CV and 3) two references from previous positions (ideally within the fly fishing industry). We will not review your application if you have not submitted all required items.
Position is commission based and competitive within the fly fishing industry. Independent sales representatives are independent contractors and are not employees of Cheeky Fly Fishing.
Cheeky Fly Fishing is an equal opportunity employer. This is not a job offer or guarantee of employment.