Cheeky March Madness
Do you have College Basketball March Madness fever? Combine the thrill of picking your favorite teams with the excitement of fly fishing in Cheeky's March Madness: Road To The Final Fish. Since 2011, Cheeky Fly Fishing has hosted this unique tournament to benefit Casting for Recovery and the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust. With Cheeky's March Madness, college basketball teams have been replaced with sport fish for the ultimate tournament pick-em challenge. Fill out the bracket by selecting the fish you prefer to target on the fly in each "matchup." 64 species will battle for the title, but only one will be crowned champion based on your votes! The most accurate brackets will be in the running for thousands of dollars worth of prizes from fly fishing's top brands.
Bracket entry is $5 and 100% of the proceeds are donated to Casting for Recovery and the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
Be sure to like the Cheeky Facebook Page for tournament updates and reminders
Register for Cheeky March Madness. Registration is $5 and will open on March 5th at 10am EST on this page.
2. BRACKET SUBMISSON
Fill out and submit your predictions for all of the "fishy" matchups in the Cheeky March Madness bracket. You must submit your bracket by March 18th at 7pm EST or you will not be eligible for prizes. Again, registration and bracket submission will open on March 5th on this page.
Vote during each round of matchups to help determine which fish will advance in the Road To The Final Fish. Voting will take place on this page according to the below schedule.
4. SCORING AND PRIZES
The more matchups you predict correctly with your bracket submission, the more points you will be awarded. A correct matchup prediction in Round 1 is worth 1 point, a correct prediction in round 2 is worth 2 points, Sweet Sixteen 3 points, Elite Eight 4 Points, the Final Four 5 points and the Championship will be worth 6 points. After each round, Cheeky will post a leaderboard. Entrants who accumulate the most points during the tournament will win prizes. First place will have first choice amongst all the prizes, second place will have second choice, and so on until all the prizes are gone. At least all of the top 15 finishers will receive a prize.
The winner of each fish matchup will be determined by fan voting. Voting for each matchup will take on this page according to the schedule below. Each round ends at 6:00pm EST on the specified date.
First Round Part 1 (16 matchups): March 19-20
First Round Part 2 (16 matchups): March 22-23
Second Round Part 1 (4 matchups): March 24
Second Round Part 2 (4 matchups): March 25
Second Round Part 3 (4 matchups): March 26
Second Round Part 4 (4 matchups): March 27
Sweet Sixteen Part 1 (4 matchups): March 30
Sweet Sixteen Part 2 (4 matchups): March 31
Elite Eight Part 1 (2 matchups): April 1
Elite Eight Part 2 (2 matchups): April 2
Final Four (2 matchups): April 3-4
Championship (1 matchup): April 5-6
1. You can vote for any fish, for any reason, but you can only vote once per matchup. Maybe it's the fish you would target if you only had one day left on the water ... maybe it's the best fight you've ever had on the fly ... whatever the reason for your vote, cast it wisely.
2. If you cheat by trying to vote more than once, Cheeky will catch you, disqualify your entry and smack you with a lifetime ban from March Madness and future Cheeky Events. Don't buy it? Try us. We have some pretty sweet technology that knows when an individual votes more than once.
Cheeky Fly Fishing thanks all of the tournament's sponsors for donating thousands of dollars worth of prizes and supporting two great causes. Prizes for this year include:
- Cheeky Fly Fishing: Mojo 425
- Sage: 9ft 5wt ACCEL Rod
- Patagonia: Prize Pack
- Oskar Blues: 8'9" 5wt TFO Finesse Rod with Custom Oskar Blues Logo
- Free Fly Apparel: Prize Pack
- Fishpond: Westwater Roll Top Backpack
- Costa Del Mar: Sunglasses
- Yeti Coolers: Prize Pack
- Montana Fly Company: Prize Pack
- The Fly Pack: Free 6 Month Subscription
- Wingo Belts: Wingo Belt of Your Choice
- Skinny Water Culture: Prize Pack
- Kast Gear: Steelhead Gloves
- ARC: 99+ Fly Fishing Line, Tippet and Leaders
- Smathers & Branson: Trout & Fly Needlepoint Flask
- Mud Dog Flies: Box of Hand-Tied Saltwater Flies
- Loon Outdoors: Prize Pack
- PostFly: Free 6 Month Subscription